After meeting the successful owner of Cherokee Floor Covering, Lamar Prance, I was able to come up with 3 ingredients you need for the recipe to success.
1. Do what you like!
- It’s important to like what you do in life. Everyday, many people go to their jobs with a negative mind set of wanting the day to be over with when they walk through the door. This mentality not only affects the person, but also hurts the business that they work for.
- Don’t be afraid to ask yourself “is this really what i want to be doing?” If you’re not happy with what you’re currently doing then it’s important whether you decide to make a change or keep doing what you’re doing.
- It’s like Lamar Prance said, “Life can be tough, but the thing you need to do; is you need always to do what you feel comfortable with. If you don’t feel comfortable, don’t do it.”
- Consider changing to a profession that is more appealing to you if they are available.
- You’re more likely to succeed in something you enjoy to do rather than something you despise putting effort into.
2. Know your values!
- Having a general idea of what you value is a good way to get to know yourself. By knowing what you value will shape the way you think and how you handle certain scenarios throughout life.
- Knowing your values also gives you better understanding on how to treat other people. If you treat people the way you would want to be treated then they are more than likely to treat you with the same respect.
- Knowing is half the battle
3. Set Goals!
- Setting your goals is very crucial for being successful in any certain task in life. Whether it’s sports, academics, career, or just something simple like losing weight, setting a goal will put you on the right path to accomplishing your desires.
- Lamar Prance’s advice for small business owners is that, “you need to set your goals high. You know if you don’t set your goals high, you’re not going to achieve anything. I always try to set my goals higher than I think I can obtain.”
- Sometimes it’s best to set your goals higher than you can imagine. Even if you don’t achieve the goal completely you still will be more successful than you would have been by not setting any goals. It’s like a old saying I use to hear when I was younger, “Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss you’ll land among the stars.”
I hope these three tips to success have been helpful or at the least entertaining. If you have any other suggestions or opinions that you believe are important to the path of being successful then please feel free to leave a comment below!